Tuesday, September 26, 2006

In trouble?

The NY Post is reporting that Randy will miss his next start and possibly the ALDS with back troubles. If true, this is obviously the biggest of blows.

Right now, I think we need to pray hard to the baseball gods that Minnesota beats Detroit in the central and we play Detroit in the ALDS with three games at home. Minnesota reminds me of the Angel teams of recent years who have knocked us out. They are a team of pitching and execution, the type of team that usually does well in close games. Plus, Detroit has no one like Santana, and a pitcher like that, able to pitch 2/5 games, is devastating in a very short series like the ALDS. Detroit in my opinion is far more vulnerable.

Agree? Disagree? Comment?

6 Comments:

Blogger TheJackSack said...

I say again: Courage! We're going to beat the Twins! Say it with me! WE'RE GOING TO BEAT THE TWINS! We're going to lure Santana.... with blood! WITH BLOOD!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

Dan, I think this team has been more like the dynasty teams, though our pitching is not as deep. But I am more optimistic than you have been the past few days. I think there are challenges, but we're still in fair shape.

9:19 PM  
Blogger TheJackSack said...

Let me preface my comment here by saying that I love the analysis we trade at this blog. I like hearing what we all have to say, breaking down matchups, problem areas, etc.

That being said, we are going to the postseason! I want us all to hold hands and bask in the joy of what is another year of October baseball. Now, I know our team has faltered these past few years, and that takes the joy out of the experience, for certain. But do we want to turn into Atlanta Braves fans? Heck no! They got to the point where they couldn't sell out a playoff game! No, all I want to see is a little pep, a bit of enjoyment. We may end up with the best record in baseball this year. Boston might finish in third place. If I told you this back in April, I think you'd all be pleased. Enjoy the moment. When tuesday rolls around, let's get fierce again. No mercy. But also, plenty of courage. Good luck, gents!

12:43 AM  
Blogger Anthony said...

Dan, did I ever tell you the origins of our name? It has nothing to do wtih Charlie Steiner.

1:35 PM  
Blogger TheJackSack said...

READ THE ARCHIVES! It's in the first series of articles.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

Dan, if you go to January 2006 in the archives it's probably about the fifth post. The bottom line is that "Steiner" is a Tajik's failed attempt at "Steinbrenner."

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home