Sunday, April 16, 2006

A MESSAGE FROM PATRICK GARRITY

The following was transmitted to me early this morning:

Statement from Patrick Garrity regarding "Mr. Steiner's Warriors."

A few weeks ago I was asked to join a blog with the moniker "Mr. Steiner's Warriors." While the offer was flattering, I felt that (given my usual October-only interest our country's greatest game), my inclusion would be a weakness, nay...a travesty of justice. Justice which the Warriors have earned with their wit, charm, knowledge, and respect...respect which I do not yet command, made clear by Adam Cohen's less than affable recollection of me.

Perhaps my actions would have been more professional had I known this negociation was to be made public. For this, I apologize and hope that God can forgive me. I made a mistake, and am not proud of what I have done. I can only hope that the game, the fans, Jason Giambi and especially the Warriors, can pardon my behavior. Over the next few months I'll be spending a lot of time with my family, going to services, and working on witty quips that Peter Gammons once said "could work for Jeff Brantley." Ultimately though, with the help of the big middle reliever in the sky, perhaps one day I may indeed join my hallowed brothers in the greatest single tribute to America, Jayson Stark, and the New York Baseball Yankees the world has ever seen.

As one of my true heroes Skip Carey once said, "Outside. Ball one...I'm going to get a sandwich."

Gentlemen,

-PMG

3 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

I again offer the crown to Patrick Garrity. Will you join us?

4:32 PM  
Blogger J. Marcavage said...

Patrick, join these ranks. We need a man with brass.

9:19 PM  
Blogger TheJackSack said...

Patrick!

For the record, I would seriously be happy to have you become a regular here. The water's warm, the drinks are cold, what else can you ask for out of a gratuitous self-appreciating blog?

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home