Saturday, June 09, 2007

Clemens Good, Not Great

In his New York Yankee debut, 2007 edition, Clemens did good. He gave up a first inning run but settled down. It was disappointing he didn't go 9 innings as it appeared that he just doesn't want to earn his money. Rather than put 9 innings every start, those that see Clemens will have to come early as he'll be lucky to go 7. Visibly upset that Torre pulled him here are the stats

IP H R ER BB SO ERA
Clemens 6.0 5 3 3 2 7 4.50
(W, 1-0)

In the post-game q & a of the usual b.s., How are you feeling?, Why didn't you pitch 9 innings?, Are you a selfish bastard who sold out your hometown team to earn a few extra million?, What do you think of Paris Hilton?

Clemens had this to say. I am disappointed. I was feeling good and then the events changed as I knew it. Paris Hilton went back to jail. I want to dedicate this game to her. I look forward to getting me some of that when you get out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

Cut him some slack, jack. He's got a tender groin. So tender. So deliciously tender.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home