Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I Hate George King A Lot

I don't know how many of you read the New York Post regularly, but George King is the Yankee beat writer. It's shocking how far a mediocrity can get in the world of journalism, and this is case in point. King is big on New York bravado, but very light on analysis or even clever writing. Today, as he does every day, he referred to Pavano as "The American Idle." This was a funny pun the first couple times he used it. Now, after about 50 uses, it's hackneyed and just idiotic. I love how no talent hack jobs like King think that someone like Pavano has to "earn" their respect before they will write something positive about them. If I saw George King on the street, I'd spit on his shoes. The guy is a worthless louse. He brings nothing to the table.

-Steiner

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can honestly say I'm never been mad enough to spit.

Carl Pavano pitch well last night. He didn't pitch like Clemens but hasn't been consistent. I'm not saying he deserves the a parade. But he doesn't deserve to be spit at.

George King, who I don't know, is no Steven King, Larry King or Don King.

6:38 PM  
Blogger TheJackSack said...

I wonder if George is related to SI's Peter King- what a bag of poop that Peter guy is... a total hack. But let's flip the discussion- can you name any sports journalists that you particularly admire?

Frank Deford is my guy. And Tom Boswell from the W. Post. No, Steiner, George Will is NOT a valid choice for this discussion.

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man reading newspapers is so 20th Century.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home