Friday, March 30, 2007

Cashman Made The Right Move?

Turns out the gyroball does not exist. So in that regard everyone can breathe easy. The S.O.B.s were liars.

Daisuke Matsuzaka - Dice-K if you have trouble with pronunciation - does not actually throw a gyroball. Not at all. Turns out his changeup is just really sick. So says Tom Verducci of Sports Illustrated:

Here’s the truth: Matsuzaka’s changeup is so wicked, so unlike most every changeup anyone has seen, that people don’t know what to make of it. Matsuzaka has told me he does not throw the gyroball. Every Red Sox staff member and official I’ve talked with said he does not throw it.

And later:

Matsuzaka throws his changeup with a screwball action to it, including a bigger break than most such offspeed pitches.


May all MLB teams make him pay. Yankees need to resign Hideki Irabu and he'll show him how to pitch. Tell Kong it's time to put Godzilla in his place. This is America.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

Danny, I hate to pile on, but you were utterly and completely wrong about Todd Pratt and Nieves. It will be a very long time before I trust your "source" again. You made a fool of me at the watercooler, among friends and family, and even in my own bed. I don't take kindly to it, and I'll be damned if I quickly forgive it.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I apologize. I have failed you. I will sharpen my samurai sword and end it now.

My source is finished. I will no longer listen to him.

10:17 AM  
Blogger TheJackSack said...

Steve Swindal is no longer a reliable source!

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA good one Adam.

I guess I chose the wrong side in this marriage. Never go against the family.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home