Thursday, February 22, 2007

Yankees on YES; Yankees News, Well Really Bernie News

Anyone get the YES network? The Home of Champions as they say. I saw a commercial for Spring Training games starting March 1st. Is it more or did the off season seem to be longer than usual?

Joe Torre and Brian Cashman can't get Bernie Williams on the phone, but Derek Jeter can. "I have talked to him, he called me back," Jeter said. "I don't want to talk about what we talked about. It appears he is not coming [to camp]."

The Yankees probably would like to retire Bernie Williams' No. 51 some day, but if he's still bitter enough to duck the ceremony, it might never happen. It would be the highest of 16 uniform numbers retired by the Yankees (honoring 17 players and managers), topping Ron Guidry's No. 49.

1 Comments:

Blogger TheJackSack said...

Scooter,

I'm staring at the blue-colored text... it's so blue, I can't look away. I'm... mesmerized.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home