Thursday, August 03, 2006

Brooms Are Out

Bronx Bombers were bringing heat today as the Yanks sweep the Blue Jays. Keeping some breathing room in case of a late season surge. Next up are the Orioles. Now is the time to distance themselves from the Red Sox and White Sox for that matter.

With Varitek out indefinately the time to strike is now. Time to run off a few 8-2 or 7-3 game stints and there's no turning back. Now if only Big Melon, I mean Big Papi (can't stand that nickname), would somehow forget to swing there would be no looking back.

Does Ortiz even own a glove? I'm heading to rant territory big time so I'll end with this:

Yankees are going in the right direction. Can we all agree on that?

3 Comments:

Blogger TheJackSack said...

The O's finally found someone to take Javy Lopez! He may be a better option than Mirabelli's bat, but let's be serious here, how sad is that acquisition? Lopez isn't allowed to juice it anymore, so I doubt we'll see him hit 40 HRs by the end of the season. What a bum, he belongs up there in Boston.

Back to business: Tonight the Yanks face their old nemesis Bruce Chen. His 75 mph fastball always confused our batters. Maybe that will all come to an end...

4:27 AM  
Blogger Luker said...

Maybe Javy will be behind the dish when we have our five game set with the Red Sux later this month. He couln't throw out Giambi on a pitchout.

7:59 AM  
Blogger TheJackSack said...

Scooter, I actually ate the tickets instead of sitting in the 104-degree heat. They were upper-deck seats, right in the sunshine. I went to a local bar instead and watched the game in air-conditioning and with cold beer in hand.

The two minute walk from the bar to the car afterwards was overwhelming. It was so hot that tar melted and stuck to the bottom of my shoes. I fear certain death would have visited me had I been a real man and went to the game.

PS Lidle did okay, but I also think the homeplate umpire was hallucinating the entire game from the heat. And Toronto is falling apart (finally, it seems) so we rightly beat them into the dirt. Boston keeps winning, however...

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home