Saturday, July 22, 2006

Hello Everyone! Holy Cow!

I just want to offer a quick hello and thanks for the inviation to post (although I've already done that.) I am a a longtime friend of Anthony. I am indeed a separate person from Anthony. I chose Phil Rizzuto because I thought it would be a one time comment.

I've followed the Yankees since I knew about them (my uncle started me out a Phillies fan. He got me a Phillies hat when I was born and still in the hospital.) I hope at the minimum they beat the Red Sox (can't stand their attitude, though I think Theo Epstein is the best thing of the organization.)

I will admit I have a hard time with the announcers and at times have trouble listening. I do know that Kimberly Jones can do no wrong and she's welcome to come over anytime.

I hope to give some good feedback on the topics as well as offering some of my own. Thanks again for allowing me into this exclusive blog.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan, welcome, it is a pleasure to be blogging with you.

Continuing the "You are the GM" post, here are some guys on the block.

Bobby Abreu: a good RBI guy, and good average. Not a team leader though, but should fit into a good role if the Yankees pursue him. He'll play well being the second or third best player (so says ESPN).

Reggie Sanders: injured, no help to the Yankees even if he was healthy.

Alfonso Soriano: Angels and Tigers are pursuing him hard. Can you imagine him batting in front of Vlad? He's probably the best player available right now.

Jose Guillen: back on the DL, worthless to the Yanks.

Hillenbrand: acquired by the Giants.

Kevin Mench: OF from Texas, having a decent season carrying an average around .280 with 12 homers. Only 28.


Greg Maddux: old, struggling, and his velocity has dropped. But he's a big game pitcher, and a knowledgable veteran.

Scott Williamson: strong reliever from Chicago, but battled tendinitis earlier this year.

Corey Lidle: Starter for the Phillies, having a mediocre season. He's plain vanilla, and he's 34.

Joe Borowski: closer for Florida. Having a career year at the age of 35.

Livan Hernandez: 31 year old righty currently pitching for the Nationals. He's having a terrible year however. Mets are looking heavily into him.

I think Williamson looks like a good bet, depending on Sidney's performance on Sunday. Ponson be an adequate fifth starter. That would place Proctor, Villone, Williamson, Rivera, Farnsworth, and Chacon pitching the late innings.

Abreu would provide offensive punch but that would probably anger Sheffield, and would upset team chemistry. But the Yankee clubhouse chemistry has been floating on choppy waters for the last few weeks anyway.

-OG

11:42 AM  
Blogger Anthony said...

I think we've got to look bat, even though Dotel might not make it back. I feel we won't have enough pop in August if we don't.

9:01 PM  
Blogger TheJackSack said...

Trade A-Fraud. It might be the lack of booze, sex and a good night's sleep, but I'm 100% fed-up with A-Rod and his pathetic play. Let's just get him someplace meaningless so he can be happy padding his numbers, irrespective of WINNING anything important. He makes me sick.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home