Thursday, November 15, 2007

Alex in, Mariano Out, Lowell In

Rumors are swirling that Alex could sign by the weekend. The latest I've read is 10 year $275 million with incentives up to $300 million. Wow

Mariano was offered 3 year $45 million. 1st I heard he wanted $54 million. Now I hear he wanted a 4th year.

Also, the Yankees are interested in Mike Lowell to play 1st base. Just what the Yankees need another first baseman. I could see if they don't sign Alex. So it will be Doug, Andy, Mike. Giambi and Matsui as DH. Am I missing something is Doug a free agent?

Are the Yankees not interested in pitchers? They're losing their closer. They need starters but have questions. I say sign Kris Benson. Or at least Anna Benson. She'll keep my interest more than the platooning 1B and DH revolving door.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

Well, love him or hate him, A-Rod is officially a Yankee legend. He will enter the Hall of Fame a New York Yankee. And we'll be paying him until he's 42 years old.

But bygones are bygones.

Alex, welcome home.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home