Thursday, August 24, 2006

Looking Ahead

Who do we like in the Wildcard? The scenarios are this:

1. If Chicago or Minnesota win the wildcard, we get that team in the first round.
2. If Boston wins the wildcard, we get Oakland in the first round.

A quirky rule makes this so: The team with the best record always get the wildcard, unless the wildcard is from the same division as that team. So, we're caught playing the central even if we don't have the best record (and we probably will), unless Boston wins the wildcard.

Thoughts?

3 Comments:

Blogger TheJackSack said...

Bring on any of those three teams. I like our chances against them all. I think Chicago is the toughest of the three, but we can grind it out to beat them. I don't know about you guys but I'm feeling it this year. I'm feeling that magic again.

Courage!

10:45 AM  
Blogger TheJackSack said...

Seriosly, Steiner make this article into a poll question: Which of the likely AL teams would you want the Yanks to face in the first round? Or is that a presumptuous question?

11:51 AM  
Blogger Anthony said...

Good thinking, I'll do that in a second.

I have to say, though, that I'm not quite feeling the magic yet. We've got the lineup and our pen is getting better, but our starting pitching after Wang is not like those teams of the 90s. Randy last night was good, but not great, and he gave up the four runs early which took the wind out of us.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home