Monday, March 27, 2006

Pop Fisher Happy With This Year's Crop of Bums

Following this weekend's draft, skipper Pop Fisher was bursting with enthusiasm at the prospects for his team this year:

"My ma urged me to get out of this game. When I was a kid, she pleaded with me. And I meant to, you know what I mean? But she died."

One of the recent additions to the team this year is Jose Contreras, who ambled into the clubhouse unaware of the greeting Pop Fisher had waiting for him: "People don't start playing ball at your age, they retire!"

Concerned that half his team didn't speak english, Pop said very little at the team meeting: "Batting practice tomorrow, be there!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

Pop, I know the feeling. For literally six seasons now I've been trying to convince Miguel Tejada that I'm not John the Baptist.

3:25 PM  
Blogger TheJackSack said...

So, YOU were the guy giving him those vitamin-B shots? Nice one!

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home