Friday, February 17, 2006

Erickson set to conquer New York

The entire Viking community is celebrating Leif Erickson's signing with the vaunted New York Yankees. Eric the Red, legendary Norwegian outlaw and Erickson's father, said "I haven't been so proud since Leif discovered North America." Erickson's mother, Pjoohildr, commented as well, "I never thought I'd see my little Leif in pinstripes." Hagar the Horrible, Erickson's agent, stated "He's still got some life in that arm of his. We are thrilled to have this opportunity with the greatest organization in baseball." Erickson himself joked "I just hope I fit in with Mr. Steinbrenner's definition of a warrior. I'll guess have to ask Johnny Damon for the number of his barber."

5 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

I think the copyright on something kicked. Alas, we are found out! Steiner's Warriors is doomed!

Mike, you're one of the funniest people I've ever met, but we all have bad days.

11:45 PM  
Blogger J. Marcavage said...

Zinger by Panama Jack Mike Critchley.

11:52 PM  
Blogger TheJackSack said...

Fix that image. Please.

12:07 PM  
Blogger critch_dog said...

What happened to the ridiculous viking? I know if you have to explain a joke that it must not be funny and I guess it wasn't. I know you probably don't care but I feel the need to explain anyway. It's weird how the human brain works. I saw the previous headline about Erickson signing and it made me think of Leif Erickson...I looked it up on Google images and found that crazy viking image. Then I just wanted to drop some viking references in so I made up the attached story. Just trying to be absurd. Like I always say..."They can't all be winners." Somehow now we have Leif Erickson the actor instead of the viking. Oh well. Some days peanuts, some days shells.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

Mike, what happened was this: The image must have been copyrighted, and was coming up something like "Image brought to you by X." I went to Google images and found the image you were talking about and tried to use it in a different way, but it didn't work again. So, I threw in a picture of the actor, knowing you were going for the absurd. Now, as a result of our teamwork, I think it is pretty funny.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home