Saturday, March 18, 2006

ME, MIKE, AND THE FANTASY LEAGUE

Friends, one of our own--a man who presaged Tim Raines impressive 1998 campaign, establishing himself as a fine evaluator of baseball talent--has yet to join us in the Fantasy League. He has given neither rhyme nor reason, but that, friends, is good enough for me.

In my mind, as goes Critch, so goes the Country. I am hereby withdrawing from the fantasy league until Critch either signs up or gives cause for not doing so. I have so much faith in the man that if he decides not to join without explanation, then the league is too unspeakable to participate in.

I urge every one of you to join me in this obvious decision.

-Steiner

4 Comments:

Blogger J. Marcavage said...

Here, here! My team has so forth been withdrawn. It will grace us no longer, unless, by chance, the rogue Panama Jack Mike Critchley gives reason for his silence thus far.

Michael, we beseech thy answer.

12:46 PM  
Blogger TheJackSack said...

My God! After the battles we've waged over league settings (OPS v. OBP and Slugging), now you soldiers are laying down your arms in reverence to your false demigod, Mike Critchley?

Fine. Abandon the battle. I would have rather destroyed you all with my bare hands, but your weak-kneed nature has become apparent nonetheless. I would make a reference to Nazi Germany at this point, but like so many fools before me within the modern punditry, I would be making a rhetorical error.

As the Republic of Tajikistan once said: "What a fair fucking world it is, eh, Americas? What fair fucking things, the way you dole it out. Ahh, just joke. We root for America, hope she strong."

Indeed.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

Oh, this is rich. This is sooooo rich.

9:42 PM  
Blogger TheJackSack said...

First, you're showing off with putting a link in your comment. You've got spunk, Tony.

Second, what I loved to read was the little blurb about Foulke having two surgically repaired knees. Isn't that a lovely reminder? But yes, Burnett's arm being as it is so early in the season is a dangerous situation. Do you think having him throw 8,000 innings last season was a good idea? Burnett and all the Marlins starters from last season either suffered injury or had tired arms. Good 'ol Dontrelle got his tits lit up in the WBC.

Jack McKeon was an old-school bastard.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home