Sunday, January 22, 2006

Coco Crisp and Clemens

I have to be honest, folks, I don't have all that much interesting to say, but that bag of David seeds was really bugging me, so I thought I'd knock it off the top of the blog.

It appears Coco Crisp is heading to Boston. Does anyone give a damn? Should anyone? No, not really. Coco is a serviceable player and a good fit for the Sox. It wouldn't surprise me is he's just as good as Damon next year and better the year after, but I'm not worried about Coco Crisp. I think people with names like Coco Crisp are flakes, personally. Or had mothers who were flakes. Now, I know, I know, Mark, you think Damon is a flake, too. Well, maybe he is. But we have the Republic of Tajikistan on this blog, so I ask who among us can throw stones? I didn't think so. Okay, maybe Baxter, but that's it.

But what about Clemens? He's still unsigned and has dropped off the radar screen. Which means he's going to Boston. I love it. I hope he goes there and is as good as ever. It would make for more great drama this season.

Thoughts?

3 Comments:

Blogger TheJackSack said...

The Yanks are soon to make a deal for Beltran, sending Damon to the Mets. In light of my "insider news" I don't lose a wink when thinking about this upcoming season.

But as far as Coco Crisp is concerned, I am kind of baffled as to why Cleveland, so close to making a name in the Central, would be willing to lose such a useful member of their lineup and receive no help with their pitching whatsoever.

Crisp bothers me because he's filling a rather significant hole for Boston. I would have rather seen Boston's feebleness continue unabated, but Crisp brings a little talent and experience to a team that needs it in bunches. And Trot Nixon as the everyday RF? MUHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is rich!

11:50 AM  
Blogger TheJackSack said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:52 AM  
Blogger TheJackSack said...

Clemens is a fat moth.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home